- Establish your expert status. You will become the ‘Go To’ person
for your community.
- Use link shorteners, great headlines that grab attention
and foremost high quality information.
- Stay within your area of knowledge and purpose.
- Introduce yourself to influencers.
- Engage in conversations, use #hashtags, searches and chats.
- Engagement is most important.
DO . . .
- Help your followers achieve their goals.
- Read your follower’s timeline.
- Reply to mentions and DM within 24 hours.
- BE Honest. BE Attentive.
- BE Active. BE a Resource.
- BE Inspirational. BE Informative.
- BE sure to mention your Twitter account everywhere.
- List yourself on Twitter directories.
- Use Hashtags.
DON’T . . .
- Talk about everything you do.
- Tell everyone, everywhere you go.
- Talk about yourself all the time.
- Flood your tweet stream.
- Tweet too many messages over a short period of time.
- Use Twitter as IM –instant messaging.
- Use applications that use your accounts to invite people via DM to your mafia family, or use other phishing.
- Sell all the time.
- Get a big head.
- Send lists of names with no explanation.
- RT someone else’s list of names or #Follow mentions.
- Be argumentative.
- Tweet while intoxicated.
- Beg for a following.
- Think about Followers. Instead think of your valued audience.
Some of My #TwitterTips . . .
#TwitterTip Always check your links or person’s link before you RT
#TwitterTip Always use a URL shortening service to prevent your URLs being broken on RT
#TwitterTip Compliment at least 1 person everyday on Twitter
(there’s always something nice to say about everyone)
#TwitterTip Never belittle another tweeter. If you do, you risk offending all of their followers too
#TwitterTip Following back is a choice not an obligation or courtesy
#TwitterTip Never forget those who helped U get 2 the top. Once at the top, reach back and help the next person up
#TwitterTip In the beginning it is best to become a gr8 follower 1st,
find your voice, add value, engage & followers will flock to you
#TwitterTip It takes 1000 tweets to build a reputation on Twitter, and only 1 to ruin it. Be careful what you tweet
#TwitterTip Reminder to take at least 5 minutes to reply/retweet other. Nothing about you Engage/give ~ @unmarketing
#TwitterTip Smile when you Tweet. Tweople can tell
You may be interested in reading my blog, Are You Attentive to the Needs of Your Twitter Followers?
Need help with how to be effective on Twitter? Schedule some time to discuss your plan to be an effective tweeter.
Know your direction, already active on Twitter, but simply need someone to post motivational tweets, check out my low-cost monthly program and other services, Twitter Management Posting Program: Tweet 4 U.