Celebrating International Listening Awareness Month
#GLTP Chat – March 2nd, Monday, 1 – 3 pm ET
Today’s Topic, Listening: Listening is a vital tool. It is the key to Building Better Relationships. Listening is a learned skill, a tool that can be taught and acquired with desire, repetition, and reinforcement. It is the most effective manner to hearing what is truly being said.
Today we will discuss the many aspects of what and how you can become an active listener. When we embrace listening we take our relationships to a more meaningful level. When we keenly listen to others we awaken a part of ourselves, to be present, active, supportive and loving.
“The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Jump into the conversation, reconnect with our community or create new relationships. Let’s create a collaborative effort. Everyone will be sharing their best blogs, strategies on Twitter, networking tips, business advice and much more!
SOME GENERAL INFORMATION:
Up until June 1, 2014 you could find Gary’s Twitter Party at #GaryLoperTwitterParty. To make room for additional characters in your tweets, we will now be using the short tag #GLTP.
Some helpful links:
- Connect on Twubs or TweetChat.
- Are you wondering what a Twitter Party is? Watch this video.
- To help you with being active in the party, and to answer some of your questions about Twitter or Twitter Parties, please feel free to read some of my Twitter blogs.
#GLTP Chat: JOIN US! Become an engaging conversationalist, engage and meet new Tweople. Build new relationships, make valuable connections, create a collaborative effort and join the conversation. Be a part of the Virtual Blast and Feel the Electricity of Gary’s Twitter Party — #GLTP!
We are now having only one event each month: Scheduled 1st Monday of every month, from 1 – 3 pm ET.
For special events we often schedule on other days, please refer to topic.
For your convenience, please use this time converter.
“You never get people’s fuller attention than when
you’re listening to them”. ~Robert Brault
LISTENING, MARCH 2nd, MONDAY, 1 – 3 pm ET
Some text/links you should have ready for #GLTP – #MarketPlace:
- #MarketPlace – have links ready FB biz & personal pages, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube & Pinterest.
- #MarketPlace – have freebie links ready – ebooks, audios, videos, classes, etc.
During the chat we will be posting questions to start engagement. The listing below is not the exact wording of the questions that will be asked in the #GLTP. The intent is to help you prepare and gather your thoughts around the theme of our conversation.
Some Questions to Help You Get You in the Flow *:
- How is hearing and listening different?
- When listening, how does the person’s voice / tone reflect what they are feeling?
- How can you listen to your partner/family better?
* Actual questions will be numbered and posted live during the Tweet Chat.
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT UPCOMING TWITTER PARTIES.
- To help others out who may have just joined the party, please
RT the question along the way.
I am in gratitude and appreciation, thank you all!