Gary was interviewed by host, Wes Schaeffer, on The Sales Podcast.
As told to Wes, Gary worked in factories, drove taxis, and even waited 15 years after graduating from high school to get his degree. Later he became a massage therapist, specializing in helping people with disabilities. Unfortunately, his work was funded by tax dollars and the funding dried up. This led to depression. That’s when Gary dusted off his motivational notes and started tweeting them, and those got traction with his followers.
Rubber-Meets-The-Road Sales Tips:
- Create some distance from your emotional issues to help you cope and overcome those challenges when you’re dealing with something like depression.
- Be on the lookout for help, and accept it when it comes.
- Plug into things, and associate with positive people.
- Upgrade your friends.
- There are no filters on Twitter. You can follow anyone you want, and get the info you need to help you grow.
- Hire people to help you find your voice, and to help manage your social media profile.
- Focus 90% of your time on Entertain, Educate, Enhance their lives, and create Engagement.
- Tweets are searchable so use good keywords.
- You can even recycle past content.
Hear the rest of his story in The Sales Podcast.