MG Awareness on #GLTP Chat
June 25th, Wednesday,
5-8 pm ET
Up until June 1, 2014 you could find Gary’s Twitter Party at #GaryLoperTwitterParty. To make room for additional characters in your tweets, we will now be using the short tag #GLTP.
SOME GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Connect on Twubs or TweetChat.
- Are you wondering what a Twitter Party is? Watch this video.
- To help you with being active in the party, and to answer some of your questions about Twitter or Twitter Parties, please feel free to read some of my Twitter blogs.
#GLTP chat: JOIN US! Become an engaging conversationalist, engage and meet new Tweople. Build new relationships, make valuable connections, create a collaborative effort and join the conversation.
Be a part of the Virtual Blast and Feel the Electricity of Gary’s Twitter Party — #GLTP!
Our parties are always 3 hours long – Each month our schedule is:
- The 1st Saturday, starting at Noon – 3 pm, ET, and
- The 3rd Wednesday, at 5 – 8 pm ET.
- For special events we often schedule on other days, please refer to topic.
For your convenience, please use this time converter.
Today’s Topic: MG Awareness, June 25th, Wednesday, 5-8 pm ET
On today’s chat, join the Twitter Party in 2 dimensions. Gary & Caryl will be on the conference line talking about Myasthenia Gravis. We welcome anyone who would like to share their personal story, suggestions or comments. Listen in and add to the conversation, call 1-218-895-9810 code 5111#.
During the chat we will be posting questions to start engagement. The listing below is not the exact wording of the questions that will be asked in the #GLTP. The intent is to help you prepare and gather your thoughts around the theme of our conversation.
ABOUT TODAY’S TOPIC, MG Awareness:
What is Myasthenia Gravis (MG)?
Myasthenia gravis is a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease characterized by varying degrees of weakness of the skeletal (voluntary) muscles of the body. The name myasthenia gravis, which is Latin and Greek in origin, literally means “grave muscle weakness.” MG is caused by a defect in the transmission of nerve impulses to muscles. It occurs when normal communication between the nerve and muscle is interrupted at the neuromuscular junction.
What will we be discussing?
Today the focus will be on how it effects individuals on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels. Attention will be brought forward to educate, inform and share personal thoughts, feelings and stories. Please share how it has affected you, or a love one. Stay active by posting answers to the specific questions. If you want to go deeper, and explore other possibilities, please feel free to call the conference line # listed above.
Some Questions to Help You Get You in the Flow *:
- How do explain what MG is?
- How can you succeed in coping with challenges?
- How does emotional stress affect you?
- What type of emotions do you deal with? e.g. anger, fear.
* Actual questions will be numbered and posted live during the Tweet Chat.
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT UPCOMING TWITTER PARTIES.
- To help others out who may have just joined the party, please RT the question along the way.
If you missed this #GLTP Twitter party, here’s the opportunity to be a part of the Twitter Party Topic – #MGAware, visit my Storify page.
- For those of you who have never used or followed Storify, basically it is a social network service that creates content taken from timelines using such social media sites as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Be sure to be a participant, RT those messages you resonate with – that offer value, and add comments to initiate conversations. Also, this will give you an opportunity to connect with new Tweople, create possible future partnerships and expand your Twitterverse – develop other meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships.
I am in gratitude and appreciation, thank you all!
Keep the Party Going, Happy Tweeting ~ Gary