You have to invest before you can start collecting the dividends. You can’t go into a bank and open an account with the bare minimum, and then turn around and expect to get a loan without any collateral. I am a huge fan of Napoleon Hill’s Success Philosophy – one of which states that you must be willing to give first in order
Fill your pages with powerful messages, especially in the beginning. If a restaurant’s parking lot is empty, no one will stop – even if the food’s incredible. Remember your tweets = the parking lot and menu.
Some things to add to your menu: share interesting, touching stories, news items, ask questions, provide answers to questions, compliment individuals, leave comments on blogs, make recommendations, retweet other people’s messages, add songs, include motivational quotes. The most frequently retweeted message are quotes.
It is important to stay within your strategy. Breaking news about celebrities for your healing practice is generally a mixed message. Another mistake people make is when they are tweeting about their business, and they make comments about politics and religion. Keep your politics and religion to yourself, unless your target market shares the exact same beliefs. If not, you run a high risk of offending someone and jeopardizing future sales and connections.
What to tweet – determine your mission on why you are on Twitter, stay on course.
- Sharing recipes as an insurance rep sends a confusing message, and
we all know that a confused mind will not buy.
- Don’t sell until you have 2K followers and tweets – earn the right.
- Keep politics, personal, and all other non-business issues off of your
- Be a resource for valuable information.
- Suggest links to media.
- Retweet quotes generously.
- Add songs.
- Share interesting, touching stories, news items.
- Ask questions, provide answers to other people’s questions.
- Compliment people.
- Leave comments on blogs.
- Make recommendations.
- Find your voice.
- People are watching you to see if they can trust you.
- Build rapport.
- Remember: It’s not all about you.
- Talk to people using their name, and make it easy for people to
find your name.
- Recommend people for others to follow.
- Fill your page with powerful messages.
- Earn the right to ask them to invest.
- Be clear about your mission and purpose on Twitter.
One of the biggest lessons I try to share with everyone is the importance of
what to tweet and what not to tweet.
These are suggestions. Pick out the ones that are in alignment with your overall Twitter mission. If you are not sure of your mission, try out a couple at a time and test them. Look to see which gets you the most favorable responses from your audience.
Need help with your Twitter Strategy? Schedule a call with Gary.
30-Minute Twitter Strategy Session … for ONLY $25, $100 VALUE ~ to help you with the one thing that you can change today to improve you or your business, to help you Master the Twitterverse!