Freedom is personalized, different for each of us.
Or, perhaps not.
Ask a room full of people what it means. And, you will notice that some people can’t answer until other people start sharing what it means to them. Suddenly they have several new definitions of freedom.
A good way to find the meaning, and get clarity is to use the Book of Miracles exercise. Let’s apply it here.
What is freedom?
- Begin with the word ‘freedom’.
- Identify your meaning of freedom.
- Go deeper than the symbolism.
- What is the connotation?
Freedom to pursue Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
- Hold these truths to be self-evident.
That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
- Also, freedom is . . .
To create love, to love, to express, to provide for yourself and others, to travel, to create businesses, and so on.
What is financial freedom?
- For many financial freedom is to dream, a dream to retire.
- What is the true definition of retire?
It is an equine term – to put to pasture and wait to die.
- Is that your idea, waiting to die? Or, are you looking for ways to
have financial freedom, to be able to fly high in anything you choose to do?
What are the principles of financial freedom?
- Financial mindfulness, to see a bigger, promising world for yourself.
- Remove yourself from the dream stealers, and upgrade your associations.
- Have a definite plan, and amount in mind.
- Uncover your passions, discover your whys, and your plan will emerge from digging deeper.
- Prepare your desired lifestyle upgrades, and what they will cost you every year: housekeeper, lawn work, handyman, personal assistant, travel, dining out, shows, etc.
- Find out your financial freedom level. Do some math work:
Let’s use 100k as starting point, which isn’t as unrealistic as you may think. Divide 100k into the # of weeks you want to work each year. Then divide that into the # of days you want to work each week. 100,000 / 45 = $2,222 per week. $2,222 / 4 = $555 per day.
- Develop your mission. Complete your 6-month goals.
Receive a free coaching call: One of my brainstorm ideas potentially could increase your business by thousands of dollars. You have absolutely nothing to lose, and have everything to gain, so take advantage of my free offer, 30-minute coaching call valued at $125. Schedule a call now.
Also, you may be interested in listening to Gary’s interview: ‘Learn from People Who Are Already Successful’. Gary was interviewed by Neil Ball on The Entrepreneur Way, the podcast show with successful entrepreneurs.